Table of Contents
The Aus Surf Report plugin has the following capabilities:
- Location-Specific Surf Reports: The plugin can provide surf reports for a wide range of locations throughout Australia. This includes regions such as South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, and Tasmania. Each of these regions has specific locations for which the plugin can fetch surf reports.
- Real-Time Information: The plugin fetches today’s surf report, providing real-time information about the surf conditions at the specified location. This can be useful for surfers, lifeguards, beachgoers, or anyone interested in the current state of the ocean.
- Custom Surf Report Requests: The plugin has the ability to send a surf report request to the server with a custom HTTP header based on the user input location. This allows for more tailored and specific surf reports.
- Integration with Other Plugins: While the AusSurfReport plugin does not support multi-step prompts on its own, it can be used in conjunction with other plugins to provide more comprehensive solutions. For example, it could be used with a weather plugin to provide both surf and weather conditions, or with a mapping plugin to show the location of the surf report.
These capabilities make the AusSurfReport plugin a versatile tool for anyone interested in surf conditions in Australia.
Available Function(s) and Parameters:
- getLocation: This function retrieves today’s surf report for a specific location. The parameter is a region in Australia, which can be one of the following: South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, or Tasmania. Each region has its own set of specific locations.
- SendResponse: This function sends a surf report request to the server with a custom HTTP header based on the user input location. The parameter is the location for which to send the surf report request.
“Can you get me today’s surf report for the Gold Coast in Queensland?”
Use Case Interpretation:
This plugin is particularly useful for surfers who need to know the surf conditions before they head out. It can also be used by lifeguards or beach managers to monitor the conditions of the sea. By providing real-time surf reports, it helps users make informed decisions, ensuring their safety and enjoyment at the beach.
- “I’m planning a surfing trip to Western Australia. Can you provide the surf report for the Perth Coast?”
- “I’m a lifeguard at the Central Coast in New South Wales. Can you fetch me the surf report for today?”
- “I’m going on a vacation to Tasmania. Can you get the surf report for the South East Coast?”
- “I’m writing a novel about a surfer. Can you provide a surf report for the North Kimberley Coast in Western Australia to help me describe the conditions?”
- “I’m a marine biologist studying the effects of weather on sea conditions. Can you get me the surf report for the Far West Coast in South Australia?”
- “I’m developing a surf forecasting app. Can you fetch the surf report for the Sunshine Coast in Queensland for testing purposes?”
The AusSurfReport plugin does not support multi-step prompts on its own. However, it can be used in conjunction with other plugins to achieve unique solutions. Here are three examples:
- AusSurfReport + WebPilot: “Can you get me today’s surf report for the Gold Coast in Queensland and then search for the best surf shops in the area?”
- AusSurfReport + There’s An AI For That: “Can you fetch the surf report for the Central Coast in New South Wales and then find an AI tool that can predict tomorrow’s surf conditions based on today’s report?”
- AusSurfReport + BlockAtlas: “Can you provide the surf report for the Perth Coast in Western Australia and then find the population of Perth from the US Census data?”
These examples demonstrate how the AusSurfReport plugin can be combined with other plugins to provide comprehensive and unique solutions. Whether you’re a surfer, a lifeguard, a novelist, or a marine biologist, the AusSurfReport plugin can provide valuable information about surf conditions in various locations throughout Australia.